Friday, December 13, 2013

Hai di Lao Steamboat

So I went to Hai Di Lao steamboat at Clarke Quay.

I would like to give my two cents worth on it.

What you can expect is:
1) fresh pot of delicious chicken soup - it slowly gets blander and blander cos after the first soup, they add soup that taste like water.
Unlike usual steamboat where the soup gets better and better, the soup gets worse and worse.
2) the ma la soup is wayyyy overrated. It taste more numbing than spice. And there is this smelly scent that comes with one of the herb. It was tooooo disappointing.
3) everything else was mediocre. We tried every possible dish (cos company pay), and it was forgettable.


Conclusion: the 1st mini steamboat at Novena we usually have is so mucho better.
Sorry, Hai Di Lao. Despite your manicure services, and other very sweet services like providing apron, providing ziplock for my phone, you didn't meet my food standards. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment