Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pratunam Market vs Platinum Mall - Which is better?

Being a regular shopper at Bugis Street, $10-$20 is what you'll usually expect for Bangkok fashion.
So, imagine my surprise, when I found out the prices at Platinum Mall are also around $10-$20 SGD. 

I'm very practical. It doesn't make sense to pay $300 over bucks for airtickets to get clothes at the same price. Just doesn't. Sure, you could say that the fashion there is newer. Really, new Bangkok fashion is not worth $300 of airtickets.

So i went to look for Pratunam market (they distribute to shops in Platinum Mall, i think). It's slightly more uncomfortable and warm... Most shops will want you to buy at least 3 pcs of the SAME design. But there are shops that will allow you to mix 3 pcs of different design.

pratunam market
 I bought most of my tops, bottoms and dresses at below 150 baht, which is $6. Savings of at least $4. I bought about 60 pcs of clothing. which means a total savings of around $240. Now, that makes sense to me.
Hope that helps. I can't say much cos when you are shopping, you go into hunting mode. Ain't nobody got time for taking photos or blogging. hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment