Saturday, November 30, 2013

Riders Cafe at Bukit Timah Saddle Club

So today, I woke up at around 10am and was craving for some ME time. I really need weekends like these, where I have at least an afternoon of nothingness. Best if I don't have to work the next day.

So I texted ner and asked her to introduce cafe with good brunch food. She replied, "symmetry or riders cafe. Food good."

Since I've been to symmetry and it's usually crowded, I decided to try riders cafe.

So I drove there. I thank God everyday for my car. My car is called "blessings". Unmerited favour I tell you.

Anyway, I drove into this narrow road, it felt like another world... Like the countryside..



White fences on the right side... Old school speed limit of 30 km/h sign...

To cut a long story short, I got to riders cafe... It was quite packed with reservations. But cos I was alone, I got a seat by the window within 8 mins.






It was great, though slightly warm from the heat radiating off the carpark pavement. Slightly humid... I will not be here during May period, it would be insanely hot.







I ordered a ice latte cos it's very simple to me. When the place is not cold enough, and you need to cool off, drink cold drink. And the opposite if the place is freezing.
I ordered "The usual" cos I was starving and in the menu, it had the longest sentence to describe what is in the dish.

It was great! A great place to have reflection time... I was brushing up on my offering message for service at 5pm later, and spending quiet time with God. It was perfect cos God was there.

By 3.30pm, I left with a full tummy, satisfied heart and nourished soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment